Wednesday, 1 February 2012

What a trip we have just had.....I last left you when i was in New Zealand. We then had a 45hour journey with 3 different flights to get to El Salvador.

This is how our journey went
1.  A 1.5 hour drive to the airport in Christchurch

2.  Our first flight was from the south Island up to the North of New Zealand.  Once we had arrived in in the north Island we had to wait 4hrs for our next flight in the airport.

3.  We flew from New Zealand over night to Los Angeles in America.  Has anyone been there before? This flight was a whopping 12.5hrs long. Mrs Maynard's and Tim's legs were very stiff after that but they managed to watch some good movies on the plane.

4.  We had to wait 14 hours during the day before we could catch our last flight. I'll tell you more about our exciting day in a minute.

5.  Our last flight was then from L.A (that's how they say Los Angeles for short) to El Salvador which is in Central America.

6.  Our last and final part was a taxi from the airport to the guesthouse where we were staying.
We were all VERY tired by this time as you can imagine so we all zonked out in bed for the afternoon.

I am so excited to tell you about our day in LA. As I said before we had a while to to wait till our next flight so we managed to speak very nicely to the lady in the reception of a big hotel near to the airport and managed to leave all our big bags there while we headed to the nearest town for the day by bus. Santa Monica is a busy town and very popular place for tourist and locals to come to shop and play on the beach.

We went for breakfast and had typical American breakfast of pancakes, French toast, really crispy bacon with maple syrup. It was lovely. Do you thick you would have enjoyed this? I bet you would have really enjoyed this breakfast.

After our big breaky went for a walk along the beach. Here i am with some really cool American police cars like the ones you see in the movies.





On the beach I met a life guard called Phil who said that he had some friends that needed some help for a few hours so off I went to the life guard station and helped David and Pamela patrolling the beach and making sure everyone was safe in the water. I'm glad to say that we didn't need to do any rescues while I was on duty.

I had such a fun day in LA and was a little sad when I had to brush the sand off my paws and return to the airport ready for our last flight. What an exhausting but brilliant day I had.....!


No comments:

Post a Comment